Search engine optimization continues to be one of the most difficult things for the masses to understand when it comes to online marketing. Its technical aspects, ties to constant updates from the search engines and its blurred lines with social media, content development and website usability all add to this confusion.
If you’re one of the many that don’t clearly understand SEO yet, then we encourage you to check out these resources:
Whether you don’t understand, or don’t want to understand SEO, it’s very difficult to ignore the value that SEO can bring to a website or blog. Even if you have been burned by one of the many shady SEO companies in the past, it is important that you stay the course and keep SEO as an integral part of your online marketing efforts. The statistics below should reinforce this statement even more.
Statistics that Support the Value of SEO
Thanks to some fantastic resources, we are able to provide you with 8 SEO Stats that are Hard to Ignore when you’re trying to justify whether or not you should be investing in search engine optimization.
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- Google owns 65-70% of the search engine market share.
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic.
- 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- Search is the #1 driver of traffic to content sites, beating social media by more than 300%
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate.
- For Google, 18% of organic clicks go to the #1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the #2 position, and 7% of organic clicks go to the #3 position.
Taking Advantage of these Stats
Knowing and understanding the significance of these statistics is one thing. Acting on them and keeping a consistent, effective SEO strategy in place for your business is another. Make sure to take advantage of these opportunities with the proper SEO strategy.
If you’re not sure where to start or need assistance improving your current SEO strategy, then we are here to help./